LTT believe that individuals should take responsibility for their actions.
Each person must make an effort to understand and respect their host community’s culture, environment and economy. This means that each of us must make every effort to minimize any negative impacts that our visit might have whilst increasing any positive impacts.
LTT believe that tourism ought to involve local people and so we positively promote interaction between the local people and our visitors in order that barriers are broken down and an environment of mutual respect, understanding and peace is created.
LTT ensures that our actions generate economic benefits for local people and enhances the well being of host communities.
We achieve this by:-
- Working with the local people and involving then in the decision making process
- Working with like-minded organisations
- Discussing cultural similarities and differences with our visitors prior to them visiting the host communities and generating respect for them.
- Providing a pre-departure briefing note
- Buying our goods and services locally so as to inject money into the local economy
- Asking visitors to read and sign our volunteer charter
Carbon offsetting is an important part of travelling. While we cannot tell you how much carbon a mango or avocado tree takes from the atmosphere, you can buy and plant a few trees from us and know that you are really doing something to offset your emissions. Alternatively you can go through Climate Care