Volunteering in Tanzania
Whether you are an individual looking for an exciting opportunity, a school group looking for a really worthwhile project to support or a group of friend/colleagues who want to make a real difference LTT is the charity for you. As a grass roots development charity our projects are based on the needs of the community, some started by the community and some by us, but all designed to facilitate the alleviation of poverty.
Although we are not a volunteering organisation you can come and volunteer with us in Tanzania. Volunteering with LTT is the chance to make a real difference, challenge yourself and experience living and working within an entirely different culture.
In Tanzania there are ample under employed people with no skills who can help build a school. What is missing is the funds to build the schools, pay for the builders, pay for the cement, the metal sheets and the wood etc. For this reason we ask all volunteers to fundraise a minimum donation that goes straight towards the project that you will be working on overseas.
As a volunteer with LTT, living and working with the community you have the unique opportunity to emerse yourself in the culture of Tanzania and also share your own culture with those you meet. Volunteering with us gives you the chance to build real relationships that will stay with you forever and we hope that when you go home you will take part of Tanzania with you.
What makes us different……
- We are a small, effective grassroots organisation who are success not profit orientated.
- The work that our volunteers do is part of our long term strategy for the school and the community and is designed to play a part in our poverty alleviation strategy.
- Our volunteers don’t take employment away from local people.
- Your donation goes straight to our grassroots projects rather than getting caught up in overheads and running costs and when you are in country you will able to see exactly how much difference that donation is making to the communities we work with
- We have a volunteer charter to help you prepare mentally for the challenge and life changing experience of volunteering and to help us manage your expectations.
- We emphasise cultural exchange between participants and local communities and encourage learning from each other
- Volunteers have on the ground support the entire time they are in country from LTT staff
- Although we are a small organisation we don’t cut corners on health and safety. All volunteers are provided with training and regular safety briefings.